Thursday, July 21, 2005

Farewell Madinah

Photo: The humble green dome that lies directly above the Prophet's (saw) grave. © Fareena Alam. Please do not re-use without permission and proper credit.

The time has come to leave Madinah. Since the moment of arrival, we knew departure was inevitable and yet, this foreknowledge has done nothing to lessen the sadness of going nor decrease the longing to stay.

During one of our first lessons here, it was mentioned that Madinah is a city that purges itself of impurities and that not a single person leaves Medina except that they are replaced by someone better. Which leads one to realise that the Best of Creation (صلي الله عليه و سلم) resides still in Madinah and that those considered worthy, stay here with him till the Day of Resurrection. They are irreplacable. At rest in Madinah. At home in Madinah. Blessed to stay in Madinah.

As for myself. I go with a heavy heart. My time here is up and I must give over my space. My invitation has run its course I have tried to be a good guest. I pray that my host, pleased with my company, rushes to invite me round again soon.

Malik

2 Comments:

At Thursday, 21 July, 2005, Blogger Siddiq said...

Peace,
One glance at the Light Dome of the Prophet (Peace and Blessings of Allah upon Him) is like looking at Precious Jewels amongst stones.

Zazak'Allah for sharing your Exquisite and sweet pictures with us. May Allah reward you all fittingly, and make us a regular guest of the Prophet (Peace and Blessings of Allah Upon Him)Ameen!!!

"May Endless Blessings and Peace Be Upon The Blessed Madani"...

Peace and Blessings Upon of Allah The Master of Universe, The Beloved of Allah, Mercy of the Worlds.

A Ghulam-e-Rasool,

br Siddiq

 
At Monday, 25 July, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

Assalamu alaikum

JazakAllahu khair for sharing these experiences.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home