Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Poem: Would that winds of the hijaz...

Photo: A lone worshipper sleeps between 'isha and tahajjud at the foot of the Prophet's green dome. © Fareena Alam. Please do not re-use without permission and proper credit.

Would that winds of the hijaz,
Still haunted my sleep,
Bidding me to awake and visit the one,
By whose generosity I exist.

O would that this dead heart,
Could flee back to Medina,
And bow down once again,
Where his blessed feet led prayers.

O pillar of the palm-trunk,
Elevated in station for eternity,
I still hear your weeping in the night,
As it is joined by my own.

Yet while my body drowns in sin,
My soul flies back to the Safe Haven.
Holding on to the rope of Allah,
I find myself in front of his blessed face.

- Faqir e ajam

صلي الله عليه و سلم

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home