Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The highest expectations of our Creator

The Prophet's (صلي الله عليه و سلم) mosque between Maghrib and Isha.
© Fareena Alam. Please do not re-use without permission and proper credit.

My mind keeps wandering to Madinah. I have to stop. I am in my office now and need to work. The holy mosque is so far away. The peace and tranquillity found there is so unique to the city of the Prophet (صلي الله عليه و سلم).

It has been a special journey for me. Last year, when I was performing umrah I prayed to Allah that He must make the impossible possible for me. Being a woman, I never had any chance to visit the Rawdah and pay my humble salams to our beloved Prophet (صلي الله عليه و سلم). Still I was asking Allah to make it happen for me as anything is possible for Him.

When Shaykh Hamza announced that the group was going to visit the Rawda, my heart was in a state of ecstasy. My prayer during a tawaf was now being answered one year later during this rihla. I was going to stand right in front of the resting place of the Prophet (صلي الله عليه و سلم) and say my salams.

My body was shaking when I was praying at the mimbar of the Prophet (صلي الله عليه و سلم). How could I stand there and pray at the exact same spot where the purest of all mankind stood and prayed 14 centuries ago? A mix of extreme joy and gratitude was running through me while I tried to concentrate on my prayers.

Walking from the mimbar to the front side of the Rawdah was like walking on Heaven. The feeling cannot be describedwith mere words. I was one of the lucky women who got this unique opportunity and I kept on remembering the eagerness of my duas during my tawaf last year.

Not only did I feel the closeness of the Prophet (صلي الله عليه و سلم), I realized that Allah actually does listen to our prayers and there is always a certain time of the answering of the prayers. What is needed is our eagerness and will to ask Allah for everything even though we might think that we are asking for the impossible.

From now on, I am going to ask for even more and inshaAllah, these prayers will also be answered when the right time comes!

Wasalam

F A K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home