Friday, August 05, 2005

Do you see the reflection of the green dome in my eyes?

Shaykh Hamza speaks of the Prophet's (saw) final khutbah on the very spot where it was first delivered. © Fareena Alam. Please do not re-use without permission and proper credit.



I smile at the thought of being branded Majnun of Madinah. If only I was as pure as the pigeons of that blessed city, inhaling and circling the air surrounding the most perfectly shaped green dome, the elevated mound of earth within which rests my Most Beloved (صلي الله عليه و سلم), Allah's (swt) Most Beloved.

As I relayed my experiences to a friend on my return from the Rihla, she asked, "Was there anything missing in your life? Were you unhappy in your job? Did you want to go away? Were you in search of a soulmate?"

"I'm going home. I'm going back to my source. I'm going to Madinah," I replied.

"That is the only significant thing in my life that is missing," I thought to myself as we tread where our Beloved (صلي الله عليه و سلم) once tread.

But blessed are those who don't even have to travel to Makkah and Madinah physically. They have their voids filled by Him who knows them best.

On my return, I feel I have moved to another station in my life, may Allah (swt) in His Grace and Mercy never return to my previous posts except under His Guidance and Protection.

Do you see the reflection of the green dome in my eyes? Can you hear the resonance of the salawat in my soul? Can you smell the musk of Madinah even ..... around my shadows? Do you recognise the zam-zam flowing from the windows of my heart? Can you feel the traces of tawaaf on the soles (souls) of my feet? Can you sense the veils of the of the Kaaba in the mirror of my self and the echoes of Labaik, O Allah humma Labaik in the depths of the "Abd..."?

SOULS .... do you hear the outpouring of the lost pleading to be found? the begging of the sick to be cured? the groaning of the starving to be nourished? the exposed to be sheltered and shaded? the fallen to be raised?

- Sister in Clouds

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home