Sunday, July 31, 2005

I didn't deserve all this

Shaykh Jamal Zahabi and Shaykh Hamza Yusuf. © Fareena Alam. Please do not re-use without permission and proper credit.



I have never met better people. This was the best experience I have ever had in my life.

From the very beginning, as I got off the airplane in Madinah airport, I felt that I was at home in the city of my Prophet (صلي الله عليه و سلم). I felt that his (صلي الله عليه و سلم) home was my home. I never felt as serene and secure as I felt when I was in the Madinah. You feel as though that is your homeland. All the places we visited held so many stories that it would take us hours to reflect on. Nevertheless, every time I would go into the Prophet's (صلي الله عليه و سلم) mosque I would experience an amazing phenomenon that is indescribable by the human tongue. It is something that only your soul can describe.

In Makkah, you visit the House of your Lord. That is more than enough to describe the emotions that overflow your veins every time you see the Kaaba and walk into the Haram. You feel that you are there with your whole family (the Islamic Ummah) and you are all just there to praise Allah (subhana wa talaa) and beg Him for His forgiveness because you have come with a enormous amount of sins.

I don't believe there was one minute in the whole trip where I felt that it wasn't incredibly brilliant to its last second. I feel that I will never be able to thank Allah, the Most Generous and Most Merciful, for His extraordinary blessings.

I just know that I didn't deserve all this and will never be able to come close to praising Allah (subhana wa talaa) enough for his Magnificence. I just pray that Allah accepts everything we all did over there and that Allah wills the trip for all the people who wished they could go and didn't go.

I truly think someone else deserved my spot and believe that Allah wills only what is best for us and always at the best time. Ok, I will stop typing. I know this is so long. I am sorry if I was irritating and forgive if I was. One more thing, I want to thank everyone, including the shuyukh, who had anything to do with making this all happen. I wish the best for every one, inshaAllah, and I hope to meet you all in paradise, inshaAllah with the Prophet (صلي الله عليه و سلم).

Salam Alikem.

Anonymous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home